Chefs Cookware PLUS
The kitchenware professionals really use

From The Inquistive Kitchen...Chefs' Cookware Blog

Questions that bubble up when we're cooking
Claire - Chef's Cookware

Gustav Emil Ern French Cook's Knife vs German Cook's Knife

31st January 2013 11:21

Q What is the difference between Gustav Emil Ern French Cooks Knife and the Gustav Emil Ern German Cooks Knife ?

A Hi, if you look at the images in the links below for each knife, you will see that theGustav Emil Ern German Cooks Knife has a squarer bolster/handle where the blade joins the handle. The Gustav Emil Ern French Cook's Knife has a much rounder shaped bolster. It is a matter of personal preference as to which bolster design is more comfortable for the user. Personally I prefer the French, but it is the German style that is the most popular, by some way. Some find the French slightly more slippery but I prefer not having a sharper edge pushing into the finger.

Hope this helps


Recent Postings

Other Posting(s) on the Same Topic(s)

Chefs Cookware PLUS (PLUS Online Stores Ltd). T:+44 (0)1363 881174. F:+44 (0)1363 82931. E:email us
Company Number: 3543575. VAT Registration Number: GB 717 8032 36
Natson Mill, Bow, Crediton, Devon EX17 6JE, UK

© PLUS Online Stores Ltd 2005 - 202106 Dec 2021