Chefs Cookware PLUS
The kitchenware professionals really use

From The Inquistive Kitchen...Chefs' Cookware Blog

Questions that bubble up when we're cooking
Claire - Chef's Cookware

Do you sell ferromagnetic pans?

18th June 2010 15:13


Hi there - do you sell ferromagnetic pans? if yes, can you tell me what brands to look at as they dont really explain! Many thanks Jennifer


Ferromagnetic, from what I understand, is just another term for Induction: more specifically cast iron cookware. If you have an induction hob you will require pans with a magnetic base for the hob to function. Only when a magnetic field is formed between pan and hob will the hob work. I have an article on induction here you may find interesting:

Ferromagnetic pans

We sell various brands with an induction range. Staub, one of our main brands, specialises in cast iron cookware, all of which can be used on induction hobs. However, other brands specifically add a magnetised layer to their pans so that they work on induction hobs. This is the case with Swiss Diamond and SSK for example

We sell both the Swiss Diamond Induction cookware and the SKK Induction cookware and I would recommend both as they are good quality. SKK is better in its non stick properties than Swiss Diamond but Swiss Diamond is much tougher and will withstand metal utensils. So it depends on your priorities!

Recent Postings

Other Posting(s) on the Same Topic(s)

Chefs Cookware PLUS (PLUS Online Stores Ltd). T:+44 (0)1363 881174. F:+44 (0)1363 82931. E:email us
Company Number: 3543575. VAT Registration Number: GB 717 8032 36
Natson Mill, Bow, Crediton, Devon EX17 6JE, UK

© PLUS Online Stores Ltd 2005 - 202007 Jul 2020